September 23, 2011

Happy Friday!!

Happy Friday everyone! 

 It's a cold, dreary, rainy day here but that's not going to ruin my day! I'm excited for the weekend ~ Princess will be staying all night tonight with us & then tomorrow I'm hoping to take the kiddos to the local Applefest or a pumpkin show (I can't decide! lol).  They are calling for a chance of rain but maybe we'll get lucky & get to go have some fall fun!

Just a reminder ~ my giveaway ends this Sunday ~ I'll be drawing a name for the bowl & all the fixins & bowl fillers, so if you haven't signed up ~ whatcha waitin on?!?! lol

Okay now for my newest obsession ~ FALL decorating~ I have another picture to share with you.  Last weekend I kept seeing these ghosts everywhere I went ~ Country Living Fair, a local craft store ~ but they wanted between $45-$60 for one! Holy Cow! I was soooo not paying that price so I decided to make me one instead. In the end it cost me about $5 which was for the cheesecloth & really probably wasn't that much because I used some cheesecloth for my mummy earlier in the week. 
 Anyways ~ here's the pic:





I LOVE how he turned out! I'm getting ready to make my aunt one today ~ she wanted one @ Country Living this weekend too.  It was so super easy to make!

That should be the last Fall decorating pictures for this week ~ I want to put up our scarecrows & decorate outside but yesterday was the only day it didn't rain & I couldn't get the stuff out of the top of the garage without the hubby's help & he wasn't home, SO if it dries out next week I plan on working on that.  Until then here's my next project:



I've been debating on whether I should paint this cabinet for awhile now & finally this morning I decided "why not?" .  So as of now it is totally torn apart in my kitchen waiting for some new paint! :O) It holds our canned foods so my kitchen looks like there was an explosion or something! lol I guess I better get back to it so maybe it'll be done before the hubby gets home. :O)

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I'll be back on Sunday!


10 comments:

Carmen and the Primcats said...

I need that GHOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I love that cabinet! Can't wait to see what amazing thing you do with it!!! I bet it will be awesome!!!!

Hope the weather holds for tomorrow for both of us!!!

Carmen and the Primcats

Angela said...

Love the ghost. Too cute. Can't wait to see the cabinet and what you do with it, but I love it just like it is also. Hope you have a fun day tomorrow and the rain holds off. I would vote for the pumpkin show. That just screams fall to me. Take care and have a great weekend whatever you do.
Angela

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Your ghost is adorable!!!
Looking forward to seeing the cabinet~ so what cha gonna do with her?~
have a wonderful fall day
smiles
Teresa

Beckyjean said...

Hi Rachel~

Cute ghost!!

Can't wait to see your cabinet all painted.

Enjoy your weekend~Becky

Anonymous said...

Love the little ghost you made. I think it is more fun to make one that to buy. Great job.
Can't wait to see the re-do on the cabinet.
Tamera
Country at heart

TheCrankyCrow said...

Well, Girlfriend, when you catch a but, you catch a bug, don't ya??? LOVE your Ghostie!! Too cute!! You should do a tutorial or something! And that's an awesome cabinet - bet it'll be even more awesome when you're done with it! Have fun tomorrow - hoping the weather holds...It's cold and dreary/rainy here as well....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Never So Simple said...

Love your ghost too cute. Can't wait to see pictures of your outside decorated.

Donna

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

O Carmen and I so NEED a ghostie friend too! And I could use one in shop too :0) Thanks for taking Princess she had lots o fun !

myomyohi said...

Very cute. Good job!

Stacy Kay Brais said...

I love that ghost!! I love when I see something and come home and make it :) My sis in law and I do that alot. I would love to learn how to make him..hint..hint LOL
Hugs~Stacy