May 13, 2010

Cheap should be my middle name!

Well it's been a rainy, dreary week here in Ohio. Today it's finally a little sunny out but it's supposed to rain after while! :( I've been busy trying to get some stuff painted to try to sell @ the local flea market on Sunday. I hope I can sell a few things, I've really got a pile of stuff started and I think the husband is starting to think I'm crazy! LOL

Last night I decided I wanted to check ebay & etsy for a primitive soap dispenser for my bathroom. My bathroom is the least prim part of the house & I'm trying to change that...Anyways I got online & checked both websites and was shocked at the price for a soap dispenser!! The cheapest one was like $15 by the time I paid shipping!!! I just couldn't bring myself to spend that much for a soap dispenser! I'm just too darn cheap! So I decided I was going to "grubby" up my dollar store soap bottle. I forgot to take a before picture but it was just a plastic Jergens soap bottle I got for a $1. I got out the Mod Podge, cinnamon, and some coffee and got to work!  When it was dry this morning I painted a black star on it.  Here's how it turned out - I LOVE it now!



My poor hubby about died when I told him I "grubbied" it up! He says I have a problem with painting everything black and making stuff "grubby" :) but he humors me and tells me it looks good! Gotta to love him for that!


Here's 2 more things I've painted this week.  They both were 50cents each at a yard sale last weekend.  I don't have before pics but both were just plain wood color before I got a hold of them :)







I think I'm going to try to sell both of these on Sunday.

Well I've rambled on long enough. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

9 comments:

Jody said...

I love what you did with the soap dispenser, it looks so much better then seeing that ole bottle. Great Job!

Jody

KKL Primitives said...

Great job on your soap dispenser and re-dos!!!

auntdeedee said...

I can't believe that's just a regular bottle of soap!! That turned out too cool!!!! Great job on the makeovers on the other 2 items too. Love the recipe box. I can't wait for the nice weather to get here and start hitting some flea markets and yard sales! Thanks for posting my giveaway too! :)

Tina said...

Love all your projects...the grubby soap dispenser is awesome! Thanks for joining our link party at Tattered Sisters!

TeresaM said...

Great job and so clever!

Babette said...

I love your little white table. That should sell in a heart beat. Your grubby jar is too cute!

Tam said...

Saw the Soap on Tina's siie LUvin the Grubbin!

rachel said...

Thanks everyone! I love to grubby stuff up -I was highly amused myself!! :)

Prairie Patch said...

Wow, that's a terrific makeover of a plain liquid soap bottle! Love your two other makeovers. :)