May 25, 2011

Table drama,icecream,& veggies

Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week so far & haven't been affected by the terrible storms that seem to be EVERYWHERE these days. My hurt aches for all the poor people affected by the storms ~ they are all in my prayers.

I've been a bad blogger the past few days ~ I haven't gotten alot of creating done so I haven't done a post but today I thought I'd share with you my kitchen table I mentioned last week that I was repainting.  Now let me say about mid-way thru this I wanted to just throw the stinkin thing out the front door & give up!!! BUT I didn't (it was very hard ~ I was majorly regretting my decision to paint it!) & I'm happy that I refrained. I still need to get some polyurethane & seal the top of it this weekend but for now the top should be ok with just the stain I used.  Here's the pics:

the before


1st layer of black

didn't like the black so painted it all white -REALLY didn't like that so here is 1st coat of 2nd layer of black -also I had started painting the top yellow - the other 1/2 of the top was green which I had repainted white & then black (see why I wanted to throw it out?!? lol)
finished table - now I need to repaint my poor chairs (& dust them too I see!)


I just love how it turned out! The top isn't quite as bright as the pictures show - my hubby was really worried when I put the yellow on & hadn't stained it yet ~ he wanted me to leave it white but I really didnt' like that! So he was out voted (like usual!)

Other than the table "drama", things have been pretty lazy here. The icecream truck made it's maiden voyage for the year down our street today ~ Cody & the Princess got lucky - the hubby actually had some cash so they got some icecream! The Princess informed us that now she was not only saving her money in her piggy bank to go see Mickey Mouse (DisneyWorld) ~ she was going to save some for the icecream man too!! It was so cute! Got to love a 4 year old's thinking!


here's one of them just bein silly! 

Oh & I forgot to show pics of my co-op garden that we planted on Sunday ~ it ended up just being me & my mom & step dad ~ my aunt decided she was too busy to help which was fine ~we got most of want we wanted planted. We planted tomatoes, corn, zuchinni, green bell peppers, green beans, cucumbers, pumpkins, gourds,& potatoes. I need to find some brocolli, jalepenos & a little yellow tomato plants still. I'm excited for it all to start growing! I want to try to make some pickles this year & maybe can a few things.




Don't forget my giveaway ends on Sunday May 29th.   I hope everyone has a great day & I hope BLOGGER gets its ISSUES worked out soon!! I haven't been able to leave comments all day & I know I'm not alone! I've been reading everyone's posts I promise!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
I love how your table turned out. Don't listen to a man when it comes to decorating. I have a lot of old farm implements around my house and wanted to leave them original but I came home one day to find my hubs had painted everything red and white,he must have had a lot of paint to use left over from his tractor. I have gotten used to it now. What's a girl to do. He thought he was doing something to surprise me.
I was surprised alright! So I took the negative and turned it into a positive. Now my outside decorating is red, white and blue. Americana. I told him I better not see any John Deere yellow and green or he would be painting for the rest of the year. Gotta give him credit for trying to help I guess.
Have a great day.
Tamera
Country at heart

myomyohi said...

Looks good and the kids are rotten, oh I meant angelic :)

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

I witnessed table in person yesterday It LOOKS AWESOME , A HUGE IMPROVEMENT ! AS FOR THE KIDS , Angelic ? NOT!!!! See I do think our mother is losing her mind!! lol

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love the way the table turned out Rachel! Never would have thought of doing yellow on the top....hmmmm....you got me thinking now. You have WAY more persistence than I....I'd have given up half-way through the first "second" coat! Yikes! Garden sounds yummy!!! Grow, baby, grow! Smiles & Hugs, Robin

chesneyfan3 said...

I love how your table turned out!!! I would never have thought of doing the yellow top. Looks great and your patience paid off :-)
Wow...ice cream truck...we never see that around our little town. I loved hearing that truck when I was a kid...my dad was in the military and the ice cream truck would come around the base...good memories.