May 22, 2011

Happy Sunday


Good morning!! It's a beautiful, bright sunny day again here in Ohio! I spent ALL day yesterday outside working in my flower beds  pulling weeds & moving my "junk" around. It was great!! I even shared some plants with my neighbor Mr.B ~he needed "something" in front of his porch (he had NO flowers & is always commenting on mine) so I took over some daylillies & some black eyed susans & planted them for him. I can't wait to see the black eyed susans bloom ~ they are one of my favorites! I have 1 whole flowerbed of just them!! Here's some pics of my yard ~ I still need some mulch & the back yard still needs lots of work but it's getting there~ :O)



side of my house -can't even tell I took 4 chunks of daylillies out of here!

my GIGANTIC rose bush ~ I've even trimmed it once this year already! it was here when we moved in & was a puny little thing in another flower bed so I moved it & it has mutated! lol It's huge!

see the brown mailbox? picked it up off side of road yesterday ~ can't wait to get some annuals for it (my window boxes too!)


the rest are out back ~ as you'll see I need mulch bad! lol




a broken chair back I found with my mailbox yesterday


got the hubby to make me a path with some pavers mom gave me ~ we were going to make a patio but where we wanted to is all "rooty" so we changed plans ~ still going to work on it some more ~ need some gravel but it's getting there :O)


I'm off to find some tomato plants for the garden ~ I'm "co-op" farming with my mom & aunt & hopefully we can get some stuff planted today ~ it's been so rainy here we are WAY behind!! I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday.  Don't forget you have till next Sunday to sign up for my giveaway if you haven't already! (The link is on my sidebar!) Have a great day!!

13 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your garden pics! The mailbox was a great find and I like the way the pavers look in your yard. :)

Anonymous said...

Rache,
I love your yard and garden. Everything looks so perfect and prim. I too love old items to put outside. It's amazing what people throw out.
Those are the best finds. I love your flower boxes too. I've always wanted them, but the hubs doesn't want holes in the siding. Go figure, a man thing I guess "WORK". Glad you had a nice day outside, I did too. Finally, some sun here in Ohio. Going outside to get more yard work done (decorating).
Tamera
Country at heart

Beckyjean said...

Lovely pictures of your flower gardens. I was in need of some inspiration, & I found some today. Thank you.

Enjoy your day~Becky

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your yard is WONDERFUL, Rachel!!! Wow - I LOVE it! Just the right little touches in all the right places. (And that mailbox is SOOOO cool!) You make me want to go dig stuff up! Thanks for the inspiration! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Primitive Echoes said...

The gardens are beautiful. Love it! What a great idea for old mailboxes. Of course if I have an old mailbox in Maine it is probably because the plow trucks hit it and would be in no condition to use for anything lol
Kat

Sheila said...

Very nice job Rachel! Love all your different yard decor. Still waiting for sunny days here in Idaho to get out and work in the yard-we've done a little here and there, but by now I have all the annuals planted!
Have a great evening~

Earlene said...

Your house and gardens are so pretty. That little chair and geranium is so sweet!
Thanks for sharing.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Hey Rachel..I love!!!! your prim home..love all the ideas..I have 3 of those mail boxes..one is for bird/squirrel food..the other two for planting..and I just gave my girlfriend a bunch of my orange day lillies yesterday...have a wonderful week.;)

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

Looking good makin my yard look even worse! hey most mailboxes in the country are on the side of the road , you didn't use the chair to take that one out and all that was left was the top half in your hands did you? awww thats it Im telling mom ! lol just joking it all looks wonderful

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

You were quite the busy little bee, weren't you? Everything looks awesome. It was beautiful here, too, but I just painted some prims. Now I wish I had a gardener! lol
Seriously! Since I had knee surgery and have an allergic reaction to most weeds, I don't get to garden so much anymore.
But I am always on the lookout for odd pieces that I can turn into yard art! Love what you've done!
Linda

myomyohi said...

Looks good. It's all coming together.

michelle said...

Looks amazing!I wish my backyard looked that good.Dogs have made the back half a mess of dirt!have a great week.big hugs michelle

A Primitive Homestead said...

I enjoyed your post. Coming from a sawmill family I sure liked how you hung the crosscut saw on the fence. I like to see mailboxes in the garden. I keep my small garden tools in mine for fast excess. So sweet of you to share with the neighbor. Blessings!
Lara